The rectangular metal compensator belongs to a compensating element, which utilizes the effective telescopic deformation of the bellows of the working body to absorb dimensional changes caused by thermal expansion and contraction of pipelines, pipes, containers, etc., or to compensate pipelines, pipes, containers, etc. Axial, lateral and angular displacement. It can also be used for noise reduction and vibration reduction.
Calculation of the thermal deformation of a rectangular metal compensator:
Calculation formula: X=a·L·△T
x pipe expansion
a is the coefficient of linear expansion, taking 0.0133mm/m
L compensation line (distance required to compensate the distance between the fixed support of the pipe)
T is the temperature difference (medium temperature - ambient temperature during installation)
Installation requirements for rectangular metal compensators
1. The compensator should first check its model, specifications and piping configuration before installation, and must meet the design requirements.
2. For the compensator with the inner sleeve, the direction of the inner sleeve should be consistent with the direction of the medium flow.
3. A “cold tight” compensator is required. The auxiliary components used for pre-deformation should be removed after the pipeline is installed.
4. It is strictly forbidden to use the method of deformation of the corrugated compensator to adjust the installation of the pipeline to avoid the normal function of the compensator, reduce the service life and increase the load of the piping, equipment and supporting members.
5. During the installation process, the welding slag is not allowed to splash onto the surface of the wave shell, and the wave shell is not allowed to be damaged by other machinery.